Surya Bhedana Pranayama is one in all the foremost vital Pranayama in yoga. There are varied health benefits of Surya Bhedana Pranayama. “Surya” that means “sun” and. Therefore that means of word “Bhedna” is “piercing” or breathing through one thing.
In Yoga language right Nadi (nostril) is termed Surya Nadi. And left Nadi (nostril) is termed Chandra Nadi. The right nostril is that the entrance manner of Surya vitality or hot vitality in our body.
This is used for physical work. By practicing this Pranayama. We have a tendency to are the hook up with sun vitality. Which provides us with a hot energy in our body.
Yoga says that the place of the sun is closed to the novel and moon additionally. Whereas the moon provides us cooling results and sun produce heat in our body.
In this Pranayama, we have a tendency to use the right nostril for breath in (inhalation). And respire through the left nostril (exhalation). Below are the steps and health advantages of Surya Bhedana Pranayama.
Steps to Perform Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- First of all sit well in Padamasana.
- Keep Straight your head and spine and closed your eyes.
- Put your finger and tiny finger on your left nostril.
- Now breathe slowly and respire through the correct anterior naris.
- Now place your right-hand thumb on your right nostril.
- After this, exhale through your left nostril, keeping your right nostril closed.
- Repeat this method five to ten times.
Health benefits of Surya Bhedana Pranayama:
- This Pranayama activates our body functions.
- It is terribly useful for improving digestion.
- oxygen insufficiency in blood cures by regular application of this Pranayama.
- It is useful in Vata related issues.
- This Pranayama destroys intestinal issues.
- It is excellent for winter seasons.
- once you feel cold in your feet and hand then do this Pranayama.
- It provides you with additional energy.
- This method is best for cold and cough and asthma attack.
- Very helpful in low blood pressure.
- Reduces gas problem.
- Helpful in skin issues.
!!! Keep Practicing!!!